On the far eastern border of Nepal lies Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586m), the third highest peak in the world. The valley approaching the mountain base camp has been opened to trekking, specifically for organized treks. The long trek to the lap of Kangchenjunga takes one through some of the country’s richest and most pristine forests. The region is quite uninhabited, so the visitor must bring along all food and camping equipment. Most groups fly in and out of Taplejung, which may requires a flight change from Biratnagar. Two separate routes head northeastwards from Taplejung, one to the North Base Camp, the other to the South Base Camp. These routes can be combined into a circuit.
Kanchenjunga trekking route is situated at the far eastern border of Nepal. Trekking to Kanchenjungha provides probably the best natural beauty. Similarly Upper Kanchenjungha and Lapsang La and Yalung Glacier are one of the adventure trips in this region. This route Yalung Glacier and over the Lapsang La and down the difficult route back to Taplejung is an unforgettable experience! However, as the trip crosses the 4,000m mark several times, one must take care of high altitude sickness. This area offers the cultural diversity of Rai, Limbu, Chhetri and Brahmin villagers, with the higher regions inhabited by a people of Tibeto-Mongoloid ancestry. This trek provides exploration of extreme eastern part Nepal and should be taken is for experienced trekkers who seek complete escape into the wildest, richest part of the Himalayas. This trek is also has great for those explorers having natural history interest, with ecological zones from the subtropics to glacial wilderness. Expect close-up views of Kanchenjunga. The trek starts by heading towards the Tamur River past Ghunsa for the north Kangchenjunga Base Camp after flying into Taplejung in a chartered aircraft. There will be optional mountaineering opportunities and is the best option for hikers seeking extended challenge.
Total Cost: ON REQUEST
The Package cost Includes
• Assisted upon arrival at the airport by our office representative.
• All arrival and departure transfers as per the itinerary by Private vehicles.
• Accommodation in Kathmandu / Biratnagar on BB basis.
• Accommodation in local Guest House, Homestay & Tent on twin sharing basis for trekking area on Full board
• Necessary Trekking / conservation Entry fee.
• English Speaking Trekking Guide
• Trekking Porters
• All sightseeing tours mentioned above itinerary with our local English speaking guide in Kathmandu including entrance fee.
• All applicable taxes
Cost doesnot include:
• International Airfare and taxes.
• Nepal visa fee.
• Lunch and Dinner city / out of trekking area.
• Sightseeing which is not mentioned in above itinerary.
• Personal expenses.
• Any transportation cost outside of the regular itinerary.
• Any insurance.
• Expenses of personal nature.