Nepal COVID-19 : Information Page
Nepal: (Updated 11 June, 2021)
Total Corona Cases: 604396
Active Case: 75275
April 26, 2021 the Government of Nepal announced a lockdown of some districts including Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Banke, Bardia, Kaski, Mustang (74 districts) as a public health measure to help slow the spread of Covid -19. All lockdown restrictions will go into effect at 06:00 am on April 29 and will remain in place until June 14, 2021. Although restaurants (for take away) are now permitted to open but need to follow Standard Operational Protocol (SOP) as per Nepal Tourism board & Government of Nepal, some establishments, such as cinemas, salons, party-halls and spas, public gathering are closed. Trekking and mountaineering has been opened from October 17, 2020, according to the announcement but you can do trekking as per the local government rules only. Long distant public transport has been closed.
Domestic & International Flight:
- One flight a week by Qatar airlines & Nepal airlines to Doha (Every Monday), Turkish airlines to Istanbul (Every Thursday) & Nepal airlines to Delhi (Every Wednesday) will operate, rest other flight will be closed till next notice.
- 2 Flights a week between Nepal & India remain as per Air Bubble Agreement. Nepal airlines to KTM-DEL-KTM every Wednesday & Air India to DEL-KTM-DEL every Friday.
- Domestic flights remain suspended except Evacuation Flights
The Department of Immigration has released this Update on Visa Services on May 7, 2021.
Planning to Travel to Nepal: ( Latest information 28 April 2021)
To ensure entry travelers must present:
Monitoring of Hotel Quarantine compliance by MoCTCA, NTB & Nepal Police daily
Amongst one of the few countries in the world, Nepal’s vaccination drive against Covid-19 started from 27 Jan 2021. Frontline health workers, supporting staffers at health centers, community health volunteers, security personnel, sanitation workers, elderly people living at care homes, and prisoners will be inoculated in all the 7 Provinces across the country in the first lot. This vaccination drive has been launched with one million doses of C-19 vaccine jointly developed by the University of Oxford and the prestigious pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca and produced in India by the esteem Serum Institute of India( the world’s largest vaccine producer).
The front line workers receiving their first jab of COVID-19 vaccination drive have encouraged and enabled Nepal to fight strongly against this deadliest pandemic.
Total Vaccine dose given to the citizens = 1,938,000 (About 6.46%) by the 20 April. 2021.
Documents to be furnished before coming to Nepal:
- PCR Negative report of swab taken before 72 hrs of boarding or complete vaccination against Covid19.
- Copy of visa of arrival to Nepal or recommendation letter from department of immigration / Nepal Tourism board for participating in any tourist activities in Nepal.
- The documents of hotel booking confirmation.
- The documents of travel insurance that cover health, immediate crisis or rescue for the duration of their travel.
- All tourists visiting Nepal through air route (By flight – entering to Nepal) can access on arrival visa at the Kathmandu airport but tourists visiting Nepal through land route can enter Nepal only after acquiring a visa from their home country.
For Travelers- Standard Operation Protocol:
Standard Operation Protocol (SOP) after COVID 19, for travelling to Nepal. Kindly scan the below bar code and follow it.
Trekking / Tour Booking is open for Nepal. We assure that your tour & trekking packages in Nepal will be:
- Very Flexibility
- Very Reasonable Prices (We understand the value of money)
- Great Customer Services
- Follow all safety protocol.
We Follow strictly as :
- All clients will have single rooms (wherever possible), except for couples or people who have travelled to Nepal together.
- All groups will maintain physical distancing protocol from other trekking groups, lodge staff and locals.
- We use Private Vehicle only.
- The guide will advise clients about health protocols in Hotel / lodges, Restaurant and Vehicles .
- Will be proper management of Waste/Garbage Materials.
- The guide will ensure that the Hotel, lodge, restaurant owners and staff are maintaining proper protocol with clean and hygienic rooms and kitchen.
- The guide shall make sure that the kitchen facilities and rooms in the lodges are clean, sanitized and sterilized.
- Enough Sanitizer & Face mask will be provided.
If you need any further information about COVID 19 current situation in Nepal, Please feel free to Contact us:
Aroma Nepal Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd
(For Pleasure and memorable trip in Nepal)
Dam side, Pokhara, 33700, Nepal
Post Box No. 431, Pokhara
Contact. +977-61-466938, Fax No. +977-61-466938,
Mob : 24 hrs Hotline: +977-9856032425, +977-9803306987
Skype: sapkotajr Whatapps: +9779856032425
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org