Nepal COVID-19 : Information Page
Nepal: (Updated 24 Jan, 2022)
Total Corona Cases:910394
Active Case: 77040
On Sep 23, 2021 the Government of Nepal, has announced to reopen the on-arrival visa for foreign travelers. As per the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, “Foreigners who have vaccinated with covid will now receive an on-arrival visa.”. The government of Nepal had forbidden foreigners on on-arrival visas along with the first lockdown from April 20th. Travelers have to show proof of hotel booking, vaccinated evidence against Covid-19, which has to be older than 14 days with the covid’s result, being negative, within 72 hours before boarding the flight for Nepal can get the visa on arrival and explore Nepal.
Hotels & restaurants are now permitted to open but need to follow Standard Operational Protocol (SOP) as per Nepal Tourism board & Government of Nepal. Trekking and mountaineering has been opened from October 17, 2020, according to the announcement but you can do trekking as per the local government rules only. Long distant public transport has been also resumed.
Domestic & International Flight:
- International flight are operating in various destination from Kathmandu .
- Domestic flights are operating from 01 July 2021.
The Department of Immigration has released this Update on Visa Services on May 7, 2021.
Planning to Travel to Nepal: ( Latest information 28 April 2021)
To ensure entry travelers must present:
- COVID 19 Negative Report of swab taken within 72 hours* of departure time
(*Please check with respective airlines on swab test time limit.)
- Passport or Valid Photo ID Card
- CCMC Form with Barcode
- Tourists: Proof of hotel booking. For vaccinated visitors – No Quarantine but those who are not vaccinated need hotel booking for 10 days Quarantine in Nepal Government Approved Hotels
Monitoring of Hotel Quarantine compliance by MoCTCA, NTB & Nepal Police daily
Due to New variant (Omicron) of Covid 19, effective from 02 Dec 2021, following country travelers cannot enter into the Nepal:- South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Mozambique, Malawi, Iswatini, Hongkong
Amongst one of the few countries in the world, Nepal’s vaccination drive against Covid-19 started from 27 Jan 2021. Frontline health workers, supporting staffers at health centers, community health volunteers, security personnel, sanitation workers, elderly people living at care homes, and prisoners will be inoculated in all the 7 Provinces across the country in the first lot. This vaccination drive has been launched with one million doses of C-19 vaccine jointly developed by the University of Oxford and the prestigious pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca and produced in India by the esteem Serum Institute of India( the world’s largest vaccine producer).
The front line workers receiving their first jab of COVID-19 vaccination drive have encouraged and enabled Nepal to fight strongly against this deadliest pandemic.
Total Vaccine dose given to the citizens :
Full dose = 12,898,923
First dose = 16,256,025
Booster Dose = 150,437 and waiting for second dose by the 24 Jan, 2022 & vaccination program is going on rapidly.
Documents to be furnished before coming to Nepal:
- PCR Negative report of swab taken before 72 hrs of boarding or complete vaccination against Covid19.
- Copy of visa of arrival to Nepal or recommendation letter from department of immigration / Nepal Tourism board for participating in any tourist activities in Nepal.
- The documents of hotel booking confirmation.
- The documents of travel insurance that cover health, immediate crisis or rescue for the duration of their travel.
For Travelers- Standard Operation Protocol:
Standard Operation Protocol (SOP) after COVID 19, for travelling to Nepal. Kindly scan the below bar code and follow it.
Trekking / Tour Booking is open for Nepal. We assure that your tour & trekking packages in Nepal will be:
- Very Flexibility
- Very Reasonable Prices (We understand the value of money)
- Great Customer Services
- Follow all safety protocol.
We Follow strictly as :
- All clients will have single rooms (wherever possible), except for couples or people who have travelled to Nepal together.
- All groups will maintain physical distancing protocol from other trekking groups, lodge staff and locals.
- We use Private Vehicle only.
- The guide will advise clients about health protocols in Hotel / lodges, Restaurant and Vehicles .
- Will be proper management of Waste/Garbage Materials.
- The guide will ensure that the Hotel, lodge, restaurant owners and staff are maintaining proper protocol with clean and hygienic rooms and kitchen.
- The guide shall make sure that the kitchen facilities and rooms in the lodges are clean, sanitized and sterilized.
- Enough Sanitizer & Face mask will be provided.
If you need any further information about COVID 19 current situation in Nepal, Please feel free to Contact us:
Aroma Nepal Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd
(For Pleasure and memorable trip in Nepal)
Dam side, Pokhara, 33700, Nepal
Post Box No. 431, Pokhara
Contact. +977-61-466938, Fax No. +977-61-466938,
Mob : 24 hrs Hotline: +977-9856032425, +977-9803306987
Skype: sapkotajr Whatapps: +9779856032425
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com