Besides wildlife reserves Nepal Government has also set aside a hunting reserve at Dhorpatan where controlled hunting of some species is allowed. Covering an area of 1,325 sq. km., the reserve is situated on the southern flanks of Mt. Dhaulangiri I (8167m.) in districts of Rukum, Baglung & Myagdi in western Nepal. The area’s vegetation is characterized by well-developed mixed-hardwood forest at lower elevation & many plant species of drier climate to north. Tree species include fir, pine, birch, rhododendron, hemlock, oak, juniper and spruce. As in many other protected environments of Nepal, the reserve includes several villages inhabited by hill tribes as well as people of Tibetan descent who supplement farming with trade and animal husbandry. The reserve is one of the prime habitats of blue sheep, a highly prized trophy animal, which is the main target of hunters. Other game species are Goral, Serow, Himalayan tahr, Himalayan black bear, pheasant and partridge. Endangered species of the area include the red panda and cheer pheasant. Controlled hunting is allowed with proper license and certain seasons of the year. Game license is issued by the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation in Kathmandu. Besides hunting, Dhorpatan is also an attractive destination for the trekkers and wildlife enthusiasts as protection has enabled animal numbers to increase in this rarely visited. Dhorbaraha, a Hindu religious place on the banks of Uttarganga River near Dhorpatan lies in Fagune blocks. Every year on the day of “Janai Purnima” in August, a religious fair is held here which is attended by many local devotees. The mafnificent view of Dhaulagiri Himal from Barse, Dogari and Gustang bocks are exceptional.
Itinerary for trekking ( Tea house/Home stay & Camping):
Day 1: Arrival in Nepal and drop to hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley.
Day 3: Fly / drive to Pokhara and over night stay.
Day 4: Drive from Pokhara to Baglung and further 91 km off road drive to Burtibang 1130m.
Day 5: Burtibang – Dowal Phedi 2400m. / Bobang Village 1730m.
Day 6: Dowal Phedi / Bobang village – Dhorpatan 2860m.
Day 7: Explore day for Dhorpatan / Day Hike to Surtibang
Day 8: Dhorpatan – Jaljala 3430m.
Day 9: Jaljala – Maraeni 2600m.
Day 10: Maraeni – Muna 1880m. / Takum 1665m.
Day 11: Trek to Darbang 1030m.
Day 12: Darbang – Beni and from Beni drive to Pokhara 830m.
Day 13: Sightseeing in Pokhara with boat ride on Fewa Lake.
Day 14: Pokhara – Kathmandu ( Drive / Fly)
Day 15: Rest and free day in Kathmandu
Day 16: Back to your country.
For more information: Please writes us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Package cost Includes
• Assisted upon arrival at the airport by our office representative.
• All arrival and departure transfers as per the itinerary by Private vehicles.
• Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara on BB basis.
• Accommodation in local Guest House, Homestay & Tent on twin sharing basis for trekking area on Full board
• Necessary Trekking / conservation Entry fee.
• English Speaking Trekking Guide
• Trekking Porters
• All sightseeing tours mentioned above itinerary with our local English speaking guide in Kathmandu & Pokhara including entrance fee.
• All applicable taxes
Cost doesnot include:
• International Airfare and taxes.
• Nepal visa fee.
• Lunch and Dinner city / out of trekking area.
• Sightseeing which is not mentioned in above itinerary.
• Personal expenses.
• Any transportation cost outside of the regular itinerary.
• Any insurance.
• Expenses of personal nature.